(Alumnus) Akshiv Malhotra, MD
Current: Medical Doctor in San Francisco
· Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at University of Cincinnati July 2013- present
· Residency in Internal Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University July 2010 – June 2013.
· MBBS Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical college, Navi Mumbai. July 2003 – January 2009
· ABIM board certified in Internal Medicine- August 2013
· USMLE Step 3- passed
· ECFMG Certification- June 2009
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles and Abstract
· Akshiv Malhotra, Jonathan Wright, Ajeet Gajra. Extra Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor treated with imatinib in a patient with neurofibromatosis type 1. Published in Journal of gastrointestinal oncology. December 2012.
· Carlos Martinez-Balzano, Akshiv Malhotra, Matthew Hess, Robert Lenox. Severe babesiosis and borrelia burgdorferi coinfection. Published in QJM.
· Akshiv Malhotra, Bernard J. Poiesz, Andrew W. Burgdorf, Ajeet Gajra. Ifosfamide induced neurotoxicity secondary to concomitant Aprepitant use: A case report. Published
·in Advances in Pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety.
· Akshiv Malhotra, MBBS; V. Subbarao Boppana, MBBS; Carlos Martinez-Balzano, MD; Anna Orellana, MD. Persistent Left Superior Vena Cava Leading to Stroke. Published in CHEST October 2012.
· Akshiv Malhotra, Samta S. Jha, Amit Dhamoon. Fatal bleeding associated with Rivaroxaban in patient with gastric lymphoma. Published in Journal of case reports in practice October 2013.
· Akshiv Malhotra, Paula Rosenbaum, Donna Welch, Bernard J. Poiesz. Efficacy and toxicity of every 2 weeks Docetaxel regimen in comparison to weekly or every 3 weeks in metastatic prostate cancer: A retrospective analysis. Published in AJCO March 2014.
· Akshiv Malhotra, Samta S. Jha, Amit Dhamoon. Anticoagulation without antidote- Rivaroxaban induced fatal bleeding. Presented at National ACP meeting, San Francisco, California, April 2013.
· Akshiv Malhotra, Paula Rosenbaum, Bernard J. Poiesz. Efficacy and toxicity of every 2 week docetaxel versus every 1 week and 3 week in metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer- A retrospective study. Presented at GU ASCO meeting, Orlando, Florida, February 2013.
· Akshiv Malhotra, Jonathan Wright, Ajeet Gajra. The G.I.S.T of Neurofibromatosis. Presented at National ACP Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 2012.
· Akshiv Malhotra, Toni Pacioles, Teresa Gentile. Bing-Neel Syndrome- A rare complication of Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia. Presented at National ACP Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 2012
· Pallawi Torka, M. Osman Arif, Akshiv Malhotra, Peter Cronkright. Hepatitis B experience in refugees. Presented at National refugee conference 2011
· Akshiv Malhotra, V. Subbarao Boppana, Carlos Martinez- Balzano, Sujith V. Cherian, Anna Orelanna, Robert Lenox. Persistent left superior vena cava leading to stroke. Presented at CHEST 2012
· Akshiv Malhotra, Samta S. Jha. Wernicke’s encephalopathy secondary to choledocholithiasis. Presented at ACG October 2012
· Retrospective analysis comparing every 2 week with every 3 week and 1 week regimens of Docetaxel in metastatic hormone refractory prostate cancer. Presented at GU ASCO 2013
· Tumor lysis syndrome. Presented at noon conference as intern presentation.
· PICO presentation. Cutoff for blood transfusion in high-risk patients.
· Myelodysplastic syndrome- Presented at Grand rounds.
· Quality improvement: Prostate cancer. Presented at Oncology case conference.
· Her-2 positive metastatic breast cancer. Presented at Oncology case conference.
· Differentiated thyroid cancer. Presented at Oncology case conference.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
· Member of American College of Physicians- 2010- Present
· Member of Indian Medical Association- 2009-Present
· Member of ASCO 2013- Present
· Member ASBMT 2013- Present
Dr. D Y Patil Medical School 2003 – 2009
· Performed a play at Dr D.Y. Patil Medical College annual festival for spreading awareness about HIV and AIDS
· Participated in health education programs and lectures about anemia.
· Organized a fund raising marathon for ‘VCare’, an NGO for cancer patients at Tata Memorial Centre.
· Organized and participated in free health awareness / health education program/ free public service lectures for smoking and tobacco chewing, cancer and major risk factors.
· Conducted the Road Traffic Safety Week health checkup camp at Turbhe, Vashi, New Bombay.
· Participated in the Pulse Polio Immunization camp at Dr D.Y. Patil Hospital, Nerul, New Bombay.
· Organized the Malaria Health Checkup Camp for the people residing in the affected areas of CIDCO project, New Bombay.
· President of the organizing committee of the Alumni Meet at Dr D.Y. Patil Medical College, New Bombay.
· Won the Cricket competition at the annual sports meet at Dr D.Y. Patil Medical College.
Copyright © The Sasaki Lab All Rights Reserved.